Monday, May 11, 2009

Movies movies movies!

So, I have seen Star Trek twice. And it's been out for a mere four days. And I'd see it again. Oh dear...

I went to the Thursday premier at 10pm with Drake, then on Saturday with my parents and uncle (Dad's big bro). It was so funny to ride in the car with them on the way back. They are pretty major Trekies, so we discussed the movie, the subtle jokes in the movie for the Trekies, the way it related to the storylines from the show, anything and everything else Star Trek related. It was in Oxford. We live in Talladega. Darn near a full hour of hardcore Star Trek discussion and rebuttle. Truly amazing. And I was there to tie in my generation's view on the matter. Fun stuff, indeed. I now feel in the know. Geekdom.

Also, Wolverine was fun stuff. It was not dragged out to a three hour movie; they kept it normal length. Thank you. It was well done though. And the ladies got to see Hugh Jackman's tushie. And the guys got to see it, too (take note, men, we likey). Nerddom ensued. Drake's favorite character, Deadpool, was taken somewhat too far (Comic Bookly speaking), but Gambit was pretty awesome. I was in love with him on the cartoon when younger and was pleased that he was brought in. Missed the extreme end (past the credits) cause I went to bathroom, but oh well. I'll see it again soon, I'm sure. Not at the normal theaters, though, prolly. Movies are no longer a cheap outting, so yeah.

I got the one disk version of Twilight used for around $14. So that's good. I debated the two disk, but decided I'm not a tween and need not the extra hours of how they changed a decent book to a less than decent movie rendition. I read that they are getting better people to do the next movie (thank goodness), so it'll look better. Whew!

Also, I got the Music Version dvd of Romeo & Juliet (the one with Leo and Claire). It's a beautifully made movie, gorgeous soundtrack, hilarious interpretation of Shakespeare. Wonderful investment in my movie collection.

Thus, I am theatrically pleased for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment